James Thompson, RICP
Investment Advisor Representative (IAR) | Registered Representative | Financial Advisor
Substantial experience in evaluating and designing risk management plans for estate and business liquidity using life insurance plans for businesses and business owners, estates (TOLI – Trust Owned Life Insurance) and individuals. As well as helping business owners structuring buy-sell funding, succession planning, key person retention and non-qualified retirement plans for owners and highly compensated key employees.
Experience in designing disability income protection plans and chronic illness and long-term care insurance plans.
Skilled in designing and implementing financial plans evaluating portfolio performance and modeling retirement income cash flow.
Provide guidance in asset allocation modeling with on-going performance oversight and review.
20+ years experience in qualified retirement plans (401(k), profit sharing plans) for businesses.
Affiliated with an independent broker dealer and RIA.
· Life Insurance policy Design and Implementation. Policy Audits and Performance Reviews
· Disability Income Insurance
· Long Term Insurance Review and Implementation
· Business Continuation and Exit Planning
· Owner and Executive Non-Qualified Tax Advantaged Retirement Plans
· Investment Portfolio Management
· Financial Planning
· Life, Disability and Health Insurance License: 1993 - present
· Registered Securities Representative Series 6 and 63: 1996 – present
· Series 65 Registration: 2008 – Present
· Retirement Income Certified Planner: 2021 - Present
· Juvenile Rehabilitation Counselor, Echo Glen Children’s Center, Snoqualmie , WA. 1982-86
· Teaching 5th grade, Nairobi, Kenya 1986-87
· Pediatric Mental Health Specialist, Children's Hospital , Seattle WA 1989-91.
· Medical Sales 1991-92
· Financial Services; Life Insurance and Investments; 1993 – Present
· Past President of the Seattle Chapter National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors (NAIFA)
· Past board member for Room Circus Medical Clowning, a performing arts group touching the hearts at Children's Hospital in Seattle.
· Hobbies and interests include enjoying the great outdoors, sailing, hiking, writing and reading. The 2 family dogs (Eurasiers) walk Jim 4.3 miles a day.
· I have a deep appreciation for the gifts of humor and laughter.
· I cherish my family, friendships and client relationships and am profoundly grateful for my life in Seattle.
· Born and raised in Seattle, a graduate of Roosevelt High School and the University of Washington
· Jim has been married to Julie (such a gift) for over 30 years. They have lived in the Ravenna neighborhood since 1991 and have 2 grown children.